1 handful cili kering (dried chillis)
8 small red onions (shallots)
1 spoonful sugar
salt to taste
1. Soak the dried chillis in hot water for a few minutes and remove.
2. Blend the red onions and remove. Next blend the red chillis and remove.
3. Add oil and fry the ikan bilis till crisp and remove.
4. Then fry the onion for about 3 minutes and add the chilli paste. Continue frying till fragrant.
5. Add the sugar and continue frying.
6. Add the ikan bilis, and give it a final toss, and your dish is ready.
7. Serve with sliced limes on the side and squeeze some for that added oomph.